How to Treat Postpartum Acne? 5 Best Ways to Treat
In our day-to-day life, we often come across certain types of skin problems, out of which acne is considered to be the most common problem, out of which small acnes are often ignored and sometimes, treatment is also called for certain many noticeable acne. We know what acne is but people seem to get confused when the word “postpartum acne” comes. We all people are very well aware of the fact that pregnancy is a beautiful time in every woman’s life. Every woman wants to see herself to be a mother of a cute baby boy/ girl. During the period of pregnancy, mothers tend to suffer from acne problems which are usually considered that such acne will go away after pregnancy. But such acne comes in the category of postpartum acnes when they don’t get disappear even after the end of pregnancy. Ever wondered how to treat Postpartum Acne? Here are the best ways to treat
When it comes to knowing the main reason behind such postpartum acnes, it is one and only the hormones- especially estrogen and progesterone. These acnes can occur anywhere on the body including your back and the buttocks. It is a known fact that during the period of pregnancy the hormone “estrogen” starts increasing at a fast pace as a result of which, women tend to have a glow on their skin, which we usually call pregnancy glow. But, during the period of pregnancy, such hormone declines too at a fast pace, as a result of which women suffer from postpartum acne. Now comes the tips to how to treat such acnes that are still there on the beautiful skin even after the birth of a child. Let us understand the treatment for the same.
Treatment of postpartum acne
- It is always advised to visit or consult a good dermatologist before starting any treatment. Women are also recommended to use products such as benzoyl peroxide and antibiotics. These products assist by removing the bacteria from the skin. Oral contraceptives which have both estrogen and progesterone are also recommended to mothers who are not breastfeeding their babies.
- Glycolic acid is also considered beneficial that assists with unwanted hyperpigmentation and breakouts that take place during the period of pregnancy and continues to take place throughout the postpartum period. You need to ensure that you don’t take vitamin A such as Retin-A as it has been found in a study that it can pass into breast milk.
- One of the best and the easiest ways to treat your postpartum acnes is to keep your skin hydrated. Consuming at least 8 glasses of water a day can naturally treat your postpartum acnes. Don’t let your skin be dry as dry skin triggers so much of oil production that leads to acnes.
- Try to regulate your diet and keep an eye on the condition of your skin on the basis of intake of certain types of foods. Bring changes in your food and diet if you notice any unwanted acne.
- Salicylic acid and topical antibiotics are also considered as good medications to treat your postpartum acne. The acid helps your skin by exfoliating the dead skin and unclogging your pores. Whereas, antibiotics kill bacteria and make the skin acne-free.
So, these are the best ways to treat your postpartum acnes, the acne that doesn’t disappear even after the birth of your child. It is always suggested to make a habit of washing your skin using a mild soap twice daily that helps amazingly by exfoliating to remove your dead skin cells and thereby giving it a fresh and acne-free look to your skin.